You are seeing the protective shipping oil on the baffle, which is normal and expected. We assure you that it will not affect your barbecuing experience, nor is it harmful to you or the barbecue. Simply brush the flakes into the ash and grease drawer.
Articles in this section
- Why does the fan makes noises?
- Why does the temperature sometimes fall when trying to reach my set temperature?
- Lid not sitting flush – uneven at the hinge
- There was a fire in my ash and grease drawer
- Air pockets in pellet hopper/blockage in chute
- The barbecue can preheat to high temperatures faster than low temperatures
- Separation (crack) in RTV within hopper
- Condensation inside Hopper Lid
- Heat Baffle Flaking
- Glowing embers blowing out of ash drawer
- See more