SmokeBoost is a flavor mode that adds an extra kick of smoky, wood fired taste to your food for low & slow cooks.
How to Use SmokeBoost:
- Use at the start of a low & slow cook with food such as brisket, pork shoulder, poultry, and fish that will be smoked at low temps
- Smoky flavor penetrates cold, raw meat best. That is why it is important to select SmokeBoost at the beginning of your cook to add the smoky, wood fired flavor to your food.
- When you activate SmokeBoost, it cools and adjusts to a temperature range between 165◦-200◦ F / 74◦- 93◦ C , dependent on ambient condition.
- SmokeBoost is a flavor mode to use at the beginning. It is not a setting for your entire cook. It is important to return to your cooking time and temperature to complete your food after using SmokeBoost.
- If you are activating when your grill is set to a high temperature, the grill will cool down into the SmokeBoost temperature range. This will take up to 20 minutes to get to SmokeBoost and will increase overall cook time.
Below is guidance on times to use SmokeBoost at the beginning of your cook. After you complete these times, you will need to return to your normal grilling time & temperature to finish your cook.
Chicken 15-30 minutes
Fish 15-30 minutes
Turkey 30-40 minutes
Pork ribs 1-2 hours
Beef ribs 2 hours
Brisket 2 hours
Pork belly 2 hours
Prime Rib 2 hours
Pork Shoulder 2 hours