Before using your Weber grill for the first time, we recommend that you wash it off with a wet cloth on both sides - without cleaning products, just water. Put the grate back into the grill and start grilling. There is no need for oil or other treatments - just go ahead and grill away. Don't forget to brush your grate after each grilling session when the grate is still hot. Also, make sure to regularly maintain cast iron grates with a Weber grate protection product, which you'll find in our online shop, to prevent corrosion – as well as maintaining the rest of the grill according to the manual.
Articles in this section
- Loose bristles on the cooking grate
- Can I wash the microfibre cloth?
- Will the stainless steel grill brush damage my grates?
- I can't get the sticker off of my grill brush. What do I do?
- How to treat the cooking grate before first use?
- Why is the microfibre cloth better than an ordinary cloth?
- Which cleaning brush should I use for my grate?
- How to do take care of my cast iron accessory?
- How to clean your Weber accessories
- How do I maintain my cleaning brushes?