Upon first receiving your SmokeFire barbecue, a firmware update will be available. You will be strongly urged to update the firmware in order to unlock additional features to support your barbecue. In order for the process to initiate, you must be paired to the Connect app via Bluetooth and follow the prompts within the app. When subsequent firmware updates are necessary, you will be prompted to update within the Connect app.
- Confirm that you have the latest version of the Weber Connect app.
Current versions - iOS: 0.9.10 Android: 0.9.9
- Pair SmokeFire to the Weber Connect app via Bluetooth.
- Confirm that you have the latest software version
- juneOS Lite 1.2 (1394)
- Once connected, wait 15 minutes for updates to complete.
Quick note: You will not see any visual cues at this time.
Just make sure that your phone is close to SmokeFire
(Bluetooth range) until update is complete.
- After 15 minutes, select shut down on your SmokeFire, power the grill off and then turn it back on.
- Wait one minute, and then navigate to the About screen.
- Check that the Firmware Version is now 04042.
Your firmware update is now complete!