Our Summit Charcoal grill is the perfect tool for baking bread, cakes, pizza and pies on. The grill capacity provides enough room for the air to circulate evenly around your baking food, while the diffuser plate makes it possible to reflect even, indirect heat to your food.
Grill Set-up for Baking
- Begin by fully opening the top and bottom vent dampers.
- Open the lid and place the fuel grate in the low position(B) of the bowl, resting on the tabs. Then, place the centre support ring(C) in the middle position of the bowl, resting on the tabs. The proximity between the briquettes and food on the cooking grate creates the perfect amount of the heat to reach your food.
- Pile the briquettes(D) on the fuel grate above the tip of the burner tube. Consult user guide for the recommended amount of fuel
- With the lid open, ignite the charcoal.
- Put on barbecue mitts or gloves, use long tongs or a fuel rake to spread the briquettes evenly across the fuel grate.
- Place the diffuser plate on the centre support ring. (F)
- Place the Gourmet BBQ-system cooking grate in the top position of the bowel. (G)
- Close the lid. Once the grill reaches the desired temperature zone on the thermometer, rotate the Rapidfire lid damper (J) accordingly to maintain the recommended bake temperature. If needed, use a stainless steel grill brush to clean the cooking grate. Then place the food on the cooking grate directly over the diffuser plate.